1. Nope, it’s not for the youths aged 18 to 20 only.
For illustration purposes only | Image source: EasyUni
Yup, you don’t have to be of that age range to claim for ePemula. If you’re a full-time student at IPTA/IPTS in Malaysia that is recognised by the relevant ministries, you can also claim.
But, please don't put fake info saying you’re a student because of the RM150. The authority will be cross-checked with the registered Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) and other relevant Government databases. If kantoi, other problems will arise.
2. The ePemula credit can only be used for purchases at physical stores (offline).
Image source: Berita Harian
This means that it cannot be used for online purchases. Why? This is part of the steps taken to support Malaysian retailers and traders, especially Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). If we don't support them who else?
You can use the RM150 ePemula credit for any physical transactions EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING:
- Peer-to-peer transfers
- App-integrated payment of utility bills
- App-integrated payment of Government related fees/payments
- App-integrated payment of telco postpaid bills and prepaid service top-ups
- App-integrated games purchases
- App-integrated parking and/or toll fees payments
- App-integrated investment-related activities
- Online transactions
3. There are 4 participating e-wallet platforms.
Noted that each e-wallet platform has its own advantages - do your research first. The participating e-wallets are:
4. Steps to apply for ePemula
The verification process will be done through the e-wallet application of your choice.
- STEP 1: Download the participating e-wallet application from Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Huawei AppGallery.
- STEP 2: Register as a new user or for an existing user, follow the instruction shown in the e-wallet app.
- STEP 3: The e-wallet service provider will verify your identification electronically via the Know-Your-Customer process (eKYC).
- STEP 4: Onceyourchosene-wallet app has completed the eKYC, provide the required information on the ePemula application page and click “Submit”.
- STEP 5: You will then be notified if your claim is successful.
You can only claim the ePemula credit once from 1 chosen e-wallet operator. Please refer to the participating e-wallet apps for more details on claiming the credit
For detailed information, please refer to the ePemula FAQs.
*The above article is intended for informational purposes only. Loanstreet accepts no responsibility for loss that may arise from reliance on information contained in the articles.