First, here are what you should know about ASNB online withdrawal...
The maximum withdrawal limit is RM500 a month (because they want to encourage you (unit holders) to maintain the investment longer to reap the benefits of investment and only withdraw when necessary).
The minimum amount of withdrawal is RM100 per transaction.
The number of transactions allowed is 3 times per month.
You can only withdraw (redeem) from your unit trust account.
Any ASNB’s unit trusts are allowed for online withdrawal EXCEPT for ASN Equity 5 and ASN Sara 2.
No additional charges (for now).
- The amount would be transferred to the unit holder’s bank account registered with myASNB on the following working day.
- The operating hours are as per existing operating hours of myASNB portal and myASNB mobile application:
- Variable Price Unit Trust Funds: Monday to Sunday, 7.00 am – 4.00 pm, local time
Okay, how to make ASNB withdrawal online?
1. First, you’ll need to make sure that your phone number with ASNB has been updated to register as an ASNB portal user. To do this, you can visit any ASNB Branches or Agents (Maybank, Maybank Islamic, CIMB Bank, RHB Bank, Pos Malaysia, Affin Bank, Bank Simpanan Nasional, Alliance Bank, AmBank and AmBank Islamic). This is to ensure the details are valid and accurate; not suka-suka. You CAN’T do this online because the officer will need to verify your IC (MyKad) before any data can be updated.
2. Once that is sorted out, you can now register as an ASNB portal user. How to do it? Check out this short tutorial vid by ASNB below.
3. When your details are completed, then only you can make an online withdrawal. You just need to click on your Portfolio, then click Transaction on the required unit trust and select Redemption. Confused? Here are the simple steps, as told by ASNB.
If you have any questions on ASNB withdrawal, please feel free to check out this ASNB Online Redemption FAQ page.
What else can you do with ASNB online portal?
Besides online withdrawal, you can get instant access to your investment portfolio information, view MyASNB transaction records and account statements, as well as make additional ASNB investments.
Having said that, since the withdrawal facility is made available online, don't syiok sangat withdraw your money - do it ONLY when it's necessary, okay? Okay.