What is the SAVE 3.0 Program?
The aim of this program is to encourage the public to buy electrical appliances with an energy efficiency rating of 4 and 5 stars. Appliances of these ratings help save energy and the environment in the long run.
The SAVE 3.0 program offers an e-Rebate of RM400 if you were to purchase electrical appliances with the 4 or 5-star rating given by the Energy Commission.
What can you buy under the SAVE 3.0 Program?
There are 2 categories to this rebate:
- Category 1: Refrigerators or air-conditioners
- Category 2: Televisions, washing machines, microwave ovens, or rice cookers
Remember, you are eligible for the e-Rebate if the appliances above are rated 4 or 5 stars.If you’re saying, “Ya Tuhan, there are so many brands out there in the market!”, you don’t have to worry! The SEDA website can help filter your search based categories, brands, and retail prices. To ease your headache, click here.
Here are the criteria for the SAVE 3.0 Program:
- Must be a Malaysian citizen.
- Must be a registered user/owner of a registered electrical account (domestic) in electrical companies, such as TNB, Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd (SESB), Sarawak Energy Berhad (SEB) and Nur Power Sdn Bhd.
- 1 electricity bill account is only eligible to apply for 1 e-Rebate for each category on a first come, first served basis.
- Recipients of e-Rebate for the SAVE 2.0 program are not eligible to apply for Category 1 of the SAVE 3.0 program.
This is not to be mistaken with the Malaysian Family Flood Relief Program, despite being of the same platform.
That means, you can apply for the SAVE 3.0 program AND the Malaysian Family Flood Relief program, which gives you an extra one-off RM500 rebate! The best part about this — you can use both of them if they are approved. The only thing is you’d have to perform 2 different transactions.
Anyway, there are 2 ways to apply for the e-Rebates of the SAVE 3.0 Program:
1. Purchase and redeem in registered retailers:
First you have to look for the registered retailers. Click here for the list.
When you are at the registered retailers, make sure you:
- Bring your registered utility bills.
- Your IC
- The registered retailers will assist you with your application process
- When your application is settled and approved, you can use the rebate to purchase the electrical appliances in the set categories and get your discount
2. Purchase online via e-commerce platforms
Yes, you can also buy online and use the rebate. To make it easier for you, we’ve listed down the 3 platforms involved with the SAVE 3.0 program and how you can apply:
- Shopee Save 3.0
- Look for products with the label SAVE 3.0.
- Chat with the seller and they will assist you in applying for the SAVE voucher.
- When your application is approved, the seller will share the voucher code with you.
- At checkout, you can click on “Shop Voucher” and apply the code. Voila, discount!
- You can apply through Shopee with this link.
Lazada Save 3.0
- Choose products that have the SAVE 3.0 registered label.
- Chat with the seller to activate your SAVE voucher application.
- Prepare the details needed by the seller and they will share the voucher link with you once your application is approved.
- Click on the voucher link, check out and you’ve got your discount!
- You can find more information on the Lazada Save 3.0 program here.
- Look for products with the SAVE 3.0 label
- Chat with the seller to start your voucher claims process
- Don’t forget to prepare the necessary details. The process might take up to 3 days or more.
- When your application is approved, you can check out and add other vouchers for additional discounts.
- Usually, the seller will update you on your successful application, but it’s best to check your status yourself from time to time.
Now that you know, we hope that you make good use of the benefits that you get from the SAVE 3.0 program. It really pays to be a user that can save money, energy and the environment at the same time, don’t you think?
If you found this interesting, don’t forget to share this and comment on our Facebook post, yeah!
*The above article is intended for informational purposes only. Loanstreet accepts no responsibility for loss that may arise from reliance on information contained in the articles.