So, what are the requirements for the PSU 3.0 application?
- Local workers earning RM4000 and below.
- Employers and employees contribute to SOCSO on the date before 1 January 2021.
- Registered with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM)
- Retain all employees who are considered to receive this wage subsidy.
Image source: SOCSO
Other IMPORTANT things you need to know to qualify for PSU 3.0...
- Only enterprises in the tourism and retail sectors are eligible to apply for PSU 3.0.
- Companies in all sectors in the states involved with MCO only those who are eligible to apply for PSU 3.0.
- These industries are among the industries that cannot be opened fully in 2021 and still affected by contagion COVID-19 epidemic.
- The list of related sector activities has been detailed in www.myfuturejobs.gov.my.
Emm, who are not qualified for PSU 3.0?
- Employers and employees who have not registered or contributed with SOCSO before 1 January 2021;
- Employer or company that registers SSM/ROS/ROB/PBT or other establishments and operating on or after 1 January 2021;
- Employers who have not registered with the Inland Revenue Board;
- Employers who are not from the tourism and retail sectors except employers operating in states involved with PKP;
- Employees with a monthly salary of more than RM4,000;
- Employees who have been laid off;
- Employees currently employed under the Generator Incentive program Career (Hiring Incentive);
- Public sector employees, federal and state statutory bodies, all statutory body remunerated remuneration, Local Authority (PBT) and those who are self-employed (have no employer);
- Foreign workers and expatriates; and
- Employers who withdraw from PSU 3.0 application after application approved by SOCSO.
And, how to apply & when is the deadline?
Okay, each application must be submitted online. But, if you wanna submit to any SOCSO office also can (eh, stay home can onot?). Take note that this needs to be done by the employer on behalf of the employee involved - go nudge your boss k because your employer is responsible for distributing the RM600 payment to you (the affected employee).
Your employer must submit a complete application through prihatin.perkeso.gov.my and attached the mandatory documents:
i. List of employee names (according to enterprise size eligibility limit);
ii. Employer's bank account information (copy of front page of bank statement only);
iii. Business Registration Number (BRN) information registered by employer at the opening of the bank account as in 5 (ii) above. Please refer 5 bank and ensure BRN No and Account No is accurate for avoid any inconvenience;
iv. Copy of registration of SSM / ROS / ROB / PBT or other organizations;
v. PSU50 Declaration Declaration; and
vi. For enterprises of 76 employees and above shall submit supporting documents such as financial statements or sales report that has been verified by management or other related documents
The deadline for PSU 3.0 applications is 30 June 2021.
Employees can check the list of employers' names that have been approved PSU application on SOCSO website
Go forth and claim that RM600, it is a trying time indeed...So far, these are pieces of information that we can gather. If you know anything, don't hesitate to nudge us and we’ll include the info shared in this article.
Oh, you can also get more information on SOCSO’s site. Or if that’s not helping, please call its Customer Service Line, 1-300-22-8000, submit your inquiry via email to email@example.com OR submit a complaint/inquiry via facebook.com/perkeso.official