For convenience, customers can apply for the Flood Relief Assistance via two (2) easy channels, as follows:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing name/company name, IC number/Business Registration, contact number, type of loan/product (e.g Mortgage, Hire Purchase, Term Loan Financing); Vehicle number (for Hire Purchase)
- Visit or call any of our branches, SME Centres, Business Banking Centres or Auto Finance Centres (whichever is relevant) nationwide.
Besides, the Bank is also offering a waiver of fees and charges for selected services...
... such as replacement of debit card, ATM cards or cheque books lost or damaged during the floods. It'll also provide a waiver for late charges for credit cards.
Etiqa, Maybank Group's insurance arm, has also put in place a hassle-free and expeditious claim process for its insurance policyholders and takaful certificate holders, with no forms or supporting documents required. To submit a claim, the respective policyholders or certificate holders can:
i. submit a text message, photos or videos of the flood to its dedicated 24-hour Whatsapp numbers:
- Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Perak, Kedah, Penang, and Perlis: 011-1630 6646
- Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Sabah and Sarawak: 018-226 3288
ii. call its Flood Claims Careline
- Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Perak, Kedah, Penang, and Perlis: 03-2692 8188
- Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Sabah and Sarawak: 03-4270 7735/ 03-4270 5068
On-site claims for amounts less than RM20,000 will be approved instantly. Apart from claims, Etiqa has also been assisting flood victims by distributing relief packets to affected areas.
Maybank Group's primary concern at this moment is the wellbeing of the community impacted by the floods. It hopes that the Flood Relief Assistance will help alleviate the burden of its customers and allow them to focus on the safety of their families and rebuilding their lives.
In addition to the Flood Relief Assistance, Maybank continues to make available Repayment Assistance to support its customers who are impacted by the on-going Covid-19 pandemic and has extended the application deadline to 30 June 2021.
For more information on Maybank’s Flood Relief Assistance, please visit www.maybank2u.com.my. Customers can also contact the Maybank Group Customer Care Hotline at 1-300-88-6688 for further assistance.